Forensic Neuropsychology Assessments
Dr. Brietzke has broad experience as a consultant to attorneys in both the civil and criminal context. Located in Chicago, his broad experience supporting attorneys for both civil and criminal matters.
Neuropsychology evaluations for the following criminal issues:
- Competencies (to stand trial, to waive Miranda)
- Not guilty by reason of insanity
- Forensic personality assessment (i.e. potential mitigating factors)
- Violence/risk assessment
- Risk for re-offense
- Assessment of malingering
Neuropsychological testing for common civil issues:
- Assessment of the extent of head injury
- Competence to make medical/financial decisions
- Workman’s Compensation
- Disability evaluations
- Independent Medical Examinations (IME)
Dr. Brietzke also offers the following consultative neuropsychology services:
- Expert testimony
- Analysis of other experts’ evaluations and depositions
- Consultation while preparing for trial
A copy of Dr. Brietzke’s CV can be forwarded to you upon request. Costs vary on the basis of the type of evaluation requested, the complexity of the case, and the amount of collateral information to be reviewed. We will discuss specific fees during the initial consultation when we make arrangements for the retainer. Dr. Brietzke is available to travel to evaluate those who are detained.
Dr. Brietzke is available via telephone at (773) 931-3439 or via email.